Re: Calculations

tedd wrote:
At 2:30 PM -0400 6/27/06, Kristen G. Thorson wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:11 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Calculations

When my level of free time matches my level of curiousity, I'll have
research it further.  For now, I'm ok with not knowing unless someone
posts the answer here. hah

-TG

Lucky day. ;)

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.bitwise.php

kgt

Thanks.

I wonder why that's true for php when it's common to use ^ in many other languages for powers? I can't remember the last time I used a bitwise operator for anything, but I have commonly used powers for the type of work I've done. But then again, I may be an exception.

tedd

Lots of functions still use bit-based flags in PHP. Which is where OR comes in handy. Can't say I've used the others recently. XOR is handy on occasion, but doesn't really need an operator.

Regards, Adam.