RE: PHP 5, Windows, and MySQL

>From what I have been reading this is a known issue with PHP5. There is
something in the php_mysql.dll which is not compatible.

I wasted 3 hours today trying all the tips and tricks I could find, but the
bottom line is that it won't work.

This was my reason for posting to this group to see if anyone has any ideas.

Here is one of the many links I was looking at to try and solve this.
http://codewalkers.com/forum/index.php?action=displaythread&forum=phphelp&id
=370&realm=default

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Janet Valade [mailto:jvalade@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: June 26, 2006 4:08 PM
To: Beauford
Subject: Re:  PHP 5, Windows, and MySQL

Activating MySQL in PHP 5 is pretty simple. Open the php.ini file and
uncomment the line for the extension that you want to use--php_mysql.dll or
php_mysqli.dll. Restart the web server.

Using the mysql functions is described in the php documentation.
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php or
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysqli.php

Janet

--