Re: mail() returns false but e-mail is sent ?

Leonidas Safran wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering about the behavior of the mail() function.

$sent = mail($destination, $subject, $content, $headers);

I use some optional header parameters:
"From:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx\r\nMIME-Version: 1.0\r\nContent-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1\r\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable\r\n".

Can that be source of error? I can see no error in the apache error_log.

I have special caracters in the subject line, which are converted first on php side to comply with standard. Here also, no error on apache error_log.

The result of mail() is false but the e-mail is sent! Returning true, but e-mail doesn't reach destination can make sense; in this case, it's strange, isn't it?

Show us the full context of the code. The example you give us will work fine but that doesn't tell us what's really going on in your code.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/