Re: New install platform

IME, any modern Linux distro will let you setup a viable Apache/PHP/MySQL
configuration with a few clicks/commands in its package manager of choice.  I
am partial to Debian and Ubuntu, as that's where most of my experience is.
And it's very easy to setup a barebones system that you just put LAMP on,
which is good if you're hosting it as a virtual machine image.

I would actually recommend against Red Hat, as their version numbers are all
kinds of screwed up.  (They will take an old version, patch it with all the
changes to be the modern version, but leave the version number as the old
one.  So what they call PHP 4.3.9 is really PHP 4.3.11 or maybe
4.4.something, I don't know, I don't know if THEY know.)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson