Re: templating

Hey Tedd,

> >> For something THIS simple, I truly believe you
> are
> >> Better Off (tm)
> >> with a simple head() and foot() function in a
> >> globals.inc file:
> >
> >Sorry, dont know where my brain was that day, what
> >meant was he needs like 5 template pages, with 5
> >"dynamic" spots on them (meaning that php will
> >generate the content for these 5 spots and they are
> >the parts that will be constantly changing
> depending
> >on the page), and identical pages will be used to
> >serve people with other languages except with a
> color
> >difference (meaning different colored graphics, not
> >just css)

> Then within each of the "dynamic" spots run your
> php.
>
> <?php include('spot1.php');?>

That would work of course, but the guys he is working
with know pretty much zero about programming and are
mostly designers, by having a "template tag"
eg:
{{left_menu}} {{right_menu}} {{content_here}}
{{head_img}}

in a plain html page, they will get the idea much
better and they can move the menu around or whatever
if for whatever reason my pal is no longer with the
company.

Thats why was thinking of a simple
str_replace(array,array)

Cheers!
Ryan

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)