Re: shutting down a web app for maintenance

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response. What would these solutions mean in regards to
users who are active at the moment that the .htaccess file is added?
Would it be wise to force some kind of logout, destruction of open
sessions, etc. I guess there is no simple, graceful way to allow users
to complete whatever they are doing and then kick them off while
preventing new users from logging in. I was thinking for example, what
if someone is in the process of uploading a file to the web app host
or filling out step 2 of a 4 part membership form or something that
requires multiple steps.

- Ben