Re: GET, POST, REQUEST

On Sat, June 17, 2006 1:25 pm, Ben Ramsey wrote:
> Using $_REQUEST is similar to using register_globals. You simply
> cannot
> trust the origin of the data. It's possible that a variable by the
> name
> of "foo" exists as a cookie, POST value, and GET value. If you use
> $_REQUEST, you cannot be assured that the value you are getting is
> from
> the scope you intend to retrieve it.

But it may well be that your script just doesn't CARE where the data
came from.

GET, POST, COOKIE, whatever.

If somebody is using my pagination script, and wants links or buttons
or whatever, I don't really give a damn where $page comes from.

It has to be a positive int, but I don't care how they code the user
interface.

$_REQUEST is very handy for that.

--
Like Music?