Re: Organizing a group project

Matt Palermo wrote:
Hello all. I'm the webmaster and developer of all the software and content at SweetPHP.com. I have a few ideas for some new scripts that I would love to work on, but don't have enough time to fully commit. I would love to start up a group effort for a few things and be part of a development team, this way, I get to help out, but I won't have to carry the entire load myself. I've seen the great products that come from great development teams. Up until this point I've pretty much just been developing software on my own. As a change of pace, I would love to start up a group project for a couple ideas I've had. Does anyone know of good sites that might be a starting point for something like this? Maybe a site where I could create the idea for a project and any interested people could sign up (or apply) to join the development team? I could announce it on my site, but I don't know if I have too many developers visiting, so that might not be the best way. If anyone has done anything similar to this in the past, please give me your feedback. I still plan on developing software on my own, but I'd love to opportunity work with and learn from other developers as well.

Sourceforge.net or freshmeat.net have everything you need to do all of this.. Create a new project, announce some "jobs", see what happens.. it has cvs etc all set up already so you don't have to.

I'm sure there are plenty of other sites like these, but these would be your more popular ones.

If it's database specific, there is forge.mysql.com for mysql, or pgfoundry.org for postgresql.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/