mime.magic adding more types

Hi there,

I'm writing some code that looks at a video file given to it and writes up
the correct embed html and outputs it to the browser. I though that I would
use mime_content_type() function to detect the type of each video, but after
enabling it, I found that it doesn't have the mime type for windows media
player. After some researching I had some following questions:

1. Can someone explain what each column means in the magic.mime file:

0	short		0143561		application/x-bcpio

2. Does anyone have any windows media, realplayer mime types they'd like to
share for the magic.mime file

3. I saw that the mime_type extension have been deprecated in favor of pecl
fileinfo, is installing and using the pecl extension as easy as pear install
fileinfo? Does it detect windows media, real player, and quicktime videos?

4. Any other suggestions on detecting what type of video file is being
processed? I suppose looking at file extensions is another method, though I
like the idea of mime type detection over file extension examination.

Thanks, Mark