Re: Need to recompile php 4.3.4

Well, this is what I've done.
First, made a test on a Fedora Core 2 installation by running
./configure  --with etc,etc  and --enable-bcmath

Then executed make in order to generate executables but
*DID NOT* run make install

After that, copied manually libphp4.so from the build directory to
libexec under apache tree and restarted apache. It worked just fine!!

after that bcmath was shown by phpinfo() as been loaded.

Then, did the same steps on the production server
( the diference here is that the operating System is Suse 8.2 Not Fedora
core 2.)

Repeated all steps as before and bcmath was enabled. But phpinfo()
 does not show the correct Build date for Php ( which should be today )
neither shows the configure option with the --enable-bcmath switch

but it does show a section below in wich states that bcmath support is
enabled.

And of course tested with some php module that wasn't running before,
and now it works, so I think everything is fine.

These are the steps i used
 1. re-configure (./configure --enable-bcmath or what ever other switch)
 2. then run the Make utility
 3. after that manually copy libphp4.so to libexec under apache tree.

One last comment: The Zend optimizer continues to work perfectly
after the whole process

I would like to hear some experienced user comments about this

Thanks
Mauricio