Re: progress monitor in php

Hi all ,

 Thanks for your inputs.
 I have tried the uber upload progress monitor , look good to me.

Thanks all
 - weetat

Richard Lynch wrote:
On Thu, June 15, 2006 4:48 am, weetat wrote:
   I was using PEAR:HTTP_Upload to upload file in php 4.3.2.
   Is ok , however i need to display some sort of progress monitor to
the user because some file is very large and took some times to
upload.
I need to inform the users to uploading is in progress.

I have search google ,and found megaupload , however the problem of
megaupload is the filename is rubbish, i need the filename of uploaded
file because the file is xml , need to convert data from xml to
database.

Anybody have any ideas ? Or have any another php upload progress
monitor ?

[soapbox]

Can I respectfully suggest you just take php *OUT* of the equation?

You're talking about something on the CLIENT that needs to indicate
number of bytes SENT by the client out of total number of bytes the
client needs to SEND.

All the information involved is client-side.

Trying to hook PHP, on the server, into this is just plain daft.

Go bug the FireFox guys to give you callback hooks into the upload
process, or submit a patch to them.

Getting PHP involved in this equation makes zero sense -- You'd only
be generating a TON of HTTP traffic for PHP to tell the browser what
the browser already KNOWS.

[/soapbox]

PS
Or you could just train your users to actually look at the progress
meter in those browsers that already have one... :-)