Re: Re: CMS Typo 3 (Slightly 0T(?))

Hey!

@Barry, Thanks for the info.
To answer your Q: nope, never coded a CMS but have a
rough (very rough) idea on how it works, I have been
coding for years from C->Java->PHP

> Top3 is a very big Hammer when you start from
> scratch.

Thats what i wanted to know...

@Nick T, Thanks for the huge amount of info, my needs
are basically for point two of what you wrote ( "2.
Typo3 is also a software development platform." )
I can and do program with PHP although my skills with
RegEx and OO still leaves a lot to be desired :o), but
when i do hit a wall the expirts on this list like Jay
and Chris (_just_ two names off the top of my head)
usually point me in the right direction.
Although I didnt mention it in my original post, I was
very curious as to the skill needed to use the typo3
templating part, your post cleared that up too.

Thanks again guys,
-Ryan

--- Barry <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ryan A schrieb:
>
> > How hard was it for you to learn it?
> It's like a new language...
> > How useful has it been to you?
> Very. Depends on what you. When you get into meodul
> coding you are very
> near to a extremly useable CMS system.
> > Support when you hit a programming wall?
> The community is quite helpful.
> > Would you recommend it for a first CMS to me?
>
> Well it's a very hard question.
> Example question: learn Basic and get known of
> simple logic or start
> with C and OO programming.
>
> Both ways have their pros and contras.
>
> Have you ever coded a CMs so that you have slight
> basic knowledge of it?
> That will be helpful.
> Top3 is a very big Hammer when you start from
> scratch.
> --
> Smileys rule (cX.x)C --o(^_^o)
> Dance for me! ^(^_^)o (o^_^)o o(^_^)^ o(^_^o)
>
> --

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)