Re: php->html "rendering"

Ryan A wrote:
heres the short explanation of what I am supposed to
do,
I need to render/convert  the entire site to normal
html pages so that it can be loaded onto a cd and
given out.

The good news is that the whole site has not yet been
built so i can start from the ground up.

I have a few ideas on how this can be done, ie the
rendering php-html, but other than that...am pretty
much lost.

Does any class program exist that can help me do this?

Ideas, input, links....anything, would be greatly
appreciated.

You want something like wget, but I'm not sure how well it copes with querystrings and the like. You will also have problems if the site uses cookies or sessions.

If I were starting from scratch I would make sure I had nice URLs that didn't contain query strings.

I do know there are a number of apps out there that can build a CD with the actual application on it - so it runs a local web server and actually executes the PHP from the CD. Google for it. Dunno how good they are tho.

Hope that helped.

-Stut