Re: Simultaneous post/get?

At 4:35 PM +0100 6/11/06, Stut wrote:

-snip-

>Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to do. I think you're trying to show an animated GIF before starting the file upload. Is that right? If it is, this is what you need to do...

That's exactly what I'm trying to do.

>The form, with onsubmit="return sndReq()". sndReq does the AJAX image thing (although I don't know why you're using AJAX here,

I'm using ajax because it's a method to inject an image in a DOM div without having to reload the current page.

My method is pretty straightforward.

1. Present the user with a page that has the typical "Choose File" and "Submit" button for uploading an image file.

2. After the user selects the file he/she wants to upload, they then click "Submit" and the file uploads (a wait) and then they go to the next step on another page.

All I want to do is present an image during the "wait".

Is there an easier way to do this?

I'll investigate your suggestion to look into iframes.

Thanks.

tedd