generating/transforming HTML so that it 'works' in a flash file

hi people,

I've been STFW till I'm blue in the face (so lack of oxygen might be
problem atm) but can't find any [decent] info on generating/transforming existing
HTML so thats it's compatible with the subset of tags that are supported
by Flash (apparently Flash has the ability to show something that resembles
HTML in certain visual controls - I don't flash, I'm just responsible for
supplying XML feeds that the flash site/file in question can consume).

so the question does any know of a reliable resource on this subject and/or
some code nugget that is capable of generating/transforming (x)HTML into
the cruft that Flash is capable of displaying?

any feedback is welcome (apart from 'STFW' - I'm already doing that :-P)

rgds,
Jochem

ps - my server side stuff is all php (so I need to have an HTML 'converter'
written in php too [preferably]) before someone hits me with the 'what does
this has to do with php' response.