Re: How do I make a HTML tree for a set of nodes?

Hi,

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 21:05, Jochem Maas wrote:

[snip]
> I might be late to the party but have you thought of trying the YAHOO UI
> lib (treeview widget) it even allows you to dynamically load subbranches
> as they are expanded (AJAX lovelyness):
>
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/treeview/

Thanks, that's a nice library. But it is really what I'm looking for, and it
has many features I won't be using.

> I have used (and extended) the treeview code with great success (ok so I'm
> biased ;-) - if nothing else the guys at YAHOO have done a great job in
> showing how one can use prototyping (more or less the javascript
> equivalent to classes) to build [very] robust javascript libraries.
>
> <testament to="YAHOO JS Lib being rather good">
> I have made the YAHOO javascript lib(s) part of my core [reusable] js
> codebase - the only downside is that its a bit embarrassing hwo the YAHOO
> stuff has made alot of my own js code redundant :-P
> <testament>
There are just sooo many libraries and code snippets and paradigms these
days...

> <disclaimer>I have nothing to do with YAHOO apart from occasionally
> harassing one of their system architects (sorry Rasmus) about things not
> related to YAHOO</disclaimer>
Hands off Rasmus! He's a good guy!

Thank you for your answer,
Niels