Re: How do I make a HTML tree for a set of nodes?

On Sunday 04 June 2006 15:30, tedd wrote:

[snip]

> You can dynamically generate a table and place text (and/or color) the
> cells that are nodes -- that would be my approach. You would need to know
> the width and depth of the tree and then just fill in the cells that are
> nodes.
>
> hth's
>
> tedd

Yes, well... It's a tad more complicated I think. Yes, I can make a table,
finding the dimensions shouldn't be a big problem. Placing the nodes in the
right cells isn't as easy, and making the connections is downright
difficult.

A problem with using a table is that cells can't be individually sized.
However DIVs or TDs is a minor problem. The major problem is to walk
through the tree properly (recursively probably), and remember the
connections. And then rendering them...

Thank you for your answer,
Niels