Re: OO purism sucks - sell me on PHP5?

At 10:51 AM -0700 6/2/06, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>tedd wrote:
>>At 9:00 AM -0700 6/2/06, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>>>tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>

>>-snip- (a bunch of things over my head)
>
>I thought I kept the examples pretty simple actually.  If you have specific questions on them I would be happy to explain them in more detail.
>
>-Rasmus

-Rasmus:

Simple/Difficult are relative terms -- thanks very much for your kind offer, but I think it will be a while before I rise to that level of confusion. However, I did cut/paste your eight points into "The things I want to learn" category of my note pad.

In defense of my ignorance, I balance what "I want to learn" with what "I need to learn" -- as demand prompts, I adjust and learn accordingly. Nothing you mentioned was completely foreign to me, just don't test me on it. :-)

You see, and no offense meant, but this isn't my first time at the dance and I've seen too many times where people rush in to learn the new dance step only to find it was a passing fad and soon replaced with something kewler.

So for now, I'll stay with my "tried and true" box-step and try not forget the reason why we're at the dance in the first place.  :-)

tedd