Re[2]: Extended Ascii Characters

Richard:

The discussion was in February, I looked and couldn't find what I remembered. So, I'm thinking that the coder sent it to me directly, but I searched my files and again I came up with nothing -- it's not like me to lose code.

What I remember was a function that took Unicode HEX and produced the html entities, like those found here:

http://www.roborg.co.uk/html_entities/

I will send you off-list what code I have that comes close, but perhaps the original author might resubmit his code. It was a fairly simple "look-up and replace" table, except the table was very extensive. It was a nice piece of work.

tedd

PS: For sake of clarification, ASCII ranges only from 0 to 127 DEC (HEX 00000-00007F).

While 128-255 DEC is commonly referred to as "Extended ASCII", it isn't officially ASCII -- as such, there are differences between OS's (i.e., win v mac).

However, Unicode includes everything and handles all "code-points" from 000000 to FFFFFF and divides those into various "char-sets" based upon various criteria (i.e., language, use, etc). So, the "new" words on the block are code-point and char-set.

--- previous ---