Re: sending mail via php and unix box-clients thinks it's spam

blackwater dev wrote:
I have a site running on a linux box.  If I use my mail server via an email
client, the email works fine but if I send email through the mail function,
clients mark it as spam.  I see the line in php.ini for SMTP but that says
windows only.  How do I tell php to use my mail server?

Are you sure the email is coming through exactly the same? Things like missing a boundary in a multipart email can break it and be marked as spam.

Anyway - use something like http://phpmailer.sf.net and point it to your smtp server. If you want to write your own version of it, you'll need to do all sorts of stuff using fsockopen and worrying about response codes and so forth.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/