RE: pop-up window in php???

At 06:25 PM 5/29/2006, Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
I'm not aware that PHP can ask a browser to open a second window
without using JavaScript.

What I'm suggesting would LOOK like a second window appearing on top
of the primary window, then going away, when it would actually be a
single page cleverly styled.
[/snip]

PHP could not open a second window unless you found a way to hack the
target attribute in an href link.

OK, I see what you mean: PHP could modify links & buttons on a page being downloaded so that a second window would be opened (target="_blank") [if permitted by the browser settings] when the user tried to navigate. However, that child window couldn't close itself like a modal dialog does without using JavaScript, which is the driving constraint of this whole thought-problem.

I have done some clever styling, but I am unaware of how you could hide
all of the toolars, etc.

Toolbars? No, I'm not that clever. I was only referring to disabling links and form fields within the HTML page itself. The best I could do using this technique wouldn't exactly mimic a modal dialog, just approximate one.

Paul