Re: Better method than stristr

On Mon, May 29, 2006 2:27 pm, Steven Osborn wrote:
> 		Can someone please advise a faster solution to do what I'm doing
> below?  All I need to be able to do is determine if any of the
> strings in the array are contained in $q.  The method I have works,
> but I'm sure its not the most efficient way to do it.
>
> 		$dirtyWord = array("UNION","LOAD_FILE","LOAD DATA INFILE","LOAD
> FILE","BENCHMARK","INTO OUTFILE");

For starters, you should probably have your MySQL user constrained
from doing those things, rather than trying to hack this in PHP.

Next, what makes you think this is "slow"?

I should not be particularly slow as you are iterating over only 6
items in a PHP array.

I suppose you could try array_walk or something, but it's probably not
going to be significantly different, based on what we see here...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm