Re: pop-up window in php???

At 11:03 AM 5/29/2006, siavash1979@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Is there anyway to have a pop-up window to ask "are you sure? yes / no" in php?
I know you can do it in Javascript, but I'm not sure what's the best way to
implement it in php. I want the page to do nothing if "no" is pressed.

With all due respect to my learned colleagues, my answer to your question is yes, you can accomplish your goal using just PHP.

I assume that you understand that PHP is not a client-side language and therefore cannot, by itself, produce a real-time, operating-system-generated pop-up dialog box in the same way that JavaScript can.

However, PHP can download a page with input fields disabled that includes a div styled to look like a dialog box with a couple of submit buttons labeled YES & NO. Submitting YES will request the same page from PHP but without the dialog div and with user interface fields enabled; NO will request the same page but without the dialog div and with UI fields disabled.

From the user's point of view, the main difference between doing this with PHP and doing it with JavaScript is that the PHP solution will take at least a few seconds for the round-trip to the server whereas JavaScript's response to a confirm() dialog will seem instantaneous.

Regards,
Paul