RE: Escaping quotes for DB Entry

Whoa, that is waaaay out of date - the ora_ functions have been deprecated as long as I've been using PHP, which is several years now! You should be using the OCI extension, and oci_bind_by_name().

> if this function is of any worth it *should* be doing any/all proper escaping of
> data 'under water' and hopefully much more thoroughly/correctly than anything you/we
> could do in userland.
>
> <remark type="biased">
> of course you could use firebird DB (php5 interbase extension) and just make use of
> the built in parameterized query functionality - which is simple to use, doesn't
> require endless reams of parameter binding declaration and is rock solid (i.e. no
> matter how crap my input filtering is SQL injection remains impossible ;-))
> </remark>

oci_bind_by_name() (and, presumably, ora-bind() before it) *is* Oracle's parameterized query equivalent -- admittedly not quite as elegant, but no escaping required and is "rock solid (i.e. no matter how crap [your] input filtering is SQL injection remains impossible"!).

Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: m.ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx