Re: Including Functions; one file or many?

Since we're talking about include()ing functions specifically, I don't think there's going to be much trouble to be had.  Your file may be something like this:

<?php
  function somefuncname() {
    // some code
  }
?>

If that's executed by PHP by being called directly, it won't do anything.

It's worth noting your point for completeness' sake so someone doesn't put faulty code into their .inc.php file that's going to cause damage if it doesn't receive proper parameters from code that usually comes before it's included.  But the whole purpose of moving code outside the main script combined with using a .inc.php extension so your web server doesn't accidentally serve it out as text would be to make the code more modular and secure.  You're not likely to have an included file echo'ing your database admin passwords or displaying secure data (that it wouldn't display just by running your main script that includes that .inc.php file)

The worst case scenario I can think of would be something like:

<?php

  switch ($var) {
    case "select":
      // do db select function;
      break;
    case "insert":
      // do db insert;
      break;
    case...  whatever
      break;
    default:
      // do database delete function (like 'delete from sometable where somecol <> '$someundefinedvar')
      break;
  }

Executing an include is almost always far less dangerous than being able to view them.

-TG

?>