Re: weird characters problem

Angelo Zanetti
Z Logic
www.zlogic.co.za
[c] +27 72 441 3355
[t] +27 21 469 1052
[f] +27 86 681 5885

Jochem Maas wrote:
the problem you have in that the data in the DB is slightly borked
(something that occurred/occurs at the time it's first entered into the DB).

read the section of the manual that Brad pointed out in his reply to learn
about what is going, how to do it properly, etc - but in the short term it looks like you'll have to run stripslashes() on the data before running it through
htmlentities();

Angelo Zanetti wrote:

thanks it works well but now say the user has entered: My "FIrst" book

it gets returned as My \"FIrst\" book is there a way for it to be returned as it was originally entered?

thanks again!

thanks guys will check it out