Re: How to disable PHP's POST caching?

Jay Blanchard wrote:

[snip]
As I mentioned in my more recent mail, this unfortunately isn't an option since I need to run on port 80 without disturbing the existing webserver, which requirse that the script be running through the webserver :(
[/snip]

I have been reading this thread with much interest and think that
perhaps a different approach may be needed. What, exactly, are you
trying to accomplish? Skip past the persistency, etc. and describe the
problem for which you are seeking a solution. I have the feeling that
there may be a way to do what you want with PHP if you will describe the
process.
Essentially, I'm looking to write something in the same vein as GNU httptunnel, but in PHP, and running on port 80 serverside. The server->client part is easy, since a never-ending GET request can stream the data and be consumed by the client instantly. The thing I'm having trouble with is the other direction. Getting data from the client to the server.

The data going from client->server needs to be sent over an HTTP connection, which seems to limit me to PUT and POST requests, since they're the only ones that allow significant quantities of data to be sent by the client. Ideally, there should be no delay between the client wanting to send data and the data being sent over the connection; it should be as simple as wrapping the data and sending.

So, I need some way to send data to a PHP script that lives on a webserver without any buffering going on. My backup approach, as I described in another mail, involves client-side buffering and multiple POST requests. But that induces quite a bit of latency, which is quite undesirable.

Regards, Adam Zey.