Re: Can a script run twice?

Paul Novitski wrote:

An additional strategy to make your system more robust is to use three pages for your form submission:

1) the form itself, which submits to:

So I need separate forms for each function on the main page rather than just a link to ...

2) the script that processes input, which redirects to:

Yep that is the one, and it does check if the user already has an existing ticket, but it does not see the ticket created by the first click of double click in Moz :(
*THAT* should prevent the second record !

3) the page that displays the results (or is the next form in a sequence).

This just sees the second record and not the first :(

Even if the user reloads the results page (3) they won't be resubmitting the form (1) or repeating the input processing (2).

Exactly what should be happening. The bit I have to work out is why the second page is not seeing the already loaded ticket! Which I think is exactly where I started, the scripts seem to be processed in parallel and so do not see the data committed by each the other instance.

However now that I know what is going on I can deal with it, but the problem is much less in IE anyway :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL