Re: Can a script run twice?

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 14:08, Lester Caine wrote:

> I can't believe that this has not surfaced before. I should not need to
> prevent duplicate actions, but it looks as that is required by the
> Mozilla browsers :(

Why not? Why is it the browser's responsibility? Are you suggesting that
when I click twice on a link that runs javascript on every link that it
should only work once? Do you think javascript enabled links should work
differently than standard links? Have you read the HTML spec for the
anchor tag? This is deeper than the presumption that it should work one
way and one way only. Personally I think IE does it wrong. Also I use
linux and I'm very very likely to use the middle mouse button to popup a
link into a new window, and I might do it twice. Or I might do it once,
close the window, then proceed through the link. Either way, all these
actions mimic a second click. You're server side code should be more
robust and never ever trust the user or the browser to do what you want
:) Also, just for giggles and farts, I might hold down ctrl+r on the
target page. Is that any different than two clicks?

Cheers,
Rob.