Re: Session Not Being Passed?

Scott Hurring wrote:
> On 5/19/06, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 18, 2006 9:23 pm, Mark Sargent wrote:
>> > <title>Movie 1</title>
>> > </head>
>> > <?php
>> >     $favMovie=urlencode("Life Of Brian");
>> >     echo "<a
>> > href='http://localhost/moviesite.php?favMovie=$favMovie'>";
>>
>> Errr.
>>
>> localhost is going to end up being THEIR localhost, which is, like,
>> their own computer where the browser is, which is very very very
>> unlikely to have your moviesite.php script on it, if you see what I
>> mean...
>>
>> Unless YOU are running this on your own desktop or something.
>>

> I almost never use a server name for this reason.  If you simply use an
> absolute path, it'll point to whatever machine (local dev, live server,
> etc...) it happens to be running on without you having to care.
>
> i.e. <a href='/moviesite.php?favMovie=$favMovie'>

Which of course breaks if you decide to put the whole-shebang in a
subdirectory (unless you specify the base in your html head).

Personally, I prefer to deduce the path from the autoglobals (such
as $SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] and friends), or to have it set in a
central place (config.inc or whatever you use), so that i can move
the whole app into a subdirectory if i want to.

Gr,

Koen