Re: Need help calling PHP page from another server.

Stut wrote:
John Hicks wrote:
Robert Filipovich wrote:
Looks like all of these are happening.
The description for Event ID ( 2000 ) in Source ( php ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: php[400], PHP Notice: Undefined index: ocode in C:\siupchat\statusimage.php on line 39.

The description for Event ID ( 2000 ) in Source ( php ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: php[1812], PHP Notice: Undefined index: ocode in C:\siupchat\statusimage.php on line 39.

The description for Event ID ( 2000 ) in Source ( php ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: php[1444], PHP Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in C:\siupchat\statusimage.php on line 52.

It is on an IIS server. Any ideas what PHP.ini setting is causing this error? Thanks,
/Robert

I see no reason why the trouble would lie with php.ini.

I'll bet it has something to do with undefined variables.

But these are merely notices, not errors, so they don't explain why you never get to the bottom of the program.

Short answer... change the value of error_reporting in php.ini to not report notices. I'm guessing the script isn't working because it's outputting the errors, in which case doing this should fix it.

Long answer... ignoring notices leads to sloppy coding and should be avoided where possible. If I were you and I had the opportunity I'd drop this OSS package in favour of something where the developers do not cut corners.

-Stut

Stut and Richard make a good point that these notices shouldn't be taking place, but I don't believe they would cause your program to err out (although you *are* using a strange OS, so I could be wrong).

Try to catch your mysql errors (as I've sid before) and throw in a few debug displays to narrow it down.

--J