Re: Sparse 1.0b - framework for MySQL programs

Well... okay, I'll be honest, I never really *wanted* to install it. 8-) And I'm not exactly a server guru (even updating PHP4 proved to be too much for me... for some reason a bunch of dependencies which were fine when I got the server no longer work).

er why not? just install a second copy of php into a custom (e.g. your homedir) dir and use that - check the archives for Rasmus' quick guide to setting up a second
apache/php installation.

possible reason number 1: XML handling in php5 is rather different than in php4,
they offer different xml tools - chances are the exntesion you use

possible reason number 1-N: objects work differently in php5.

Well, I don't use objects too extensively... I took a look at the migrating from PHP4 to PHP5 page on the manual and there didn't seem to be anything that would have messed it up. I wasn't aware of the XML differences, so yes, that may be a problem. I won't know until someone tries. 8-)
	Thanks,

--Daniel