Re: Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted ?

tedd wrote:
Hi GANG:

:-)

This should be simple, but I'm having problems.

I have a program that uploads an image file and then tries to set the permissions for the image (to be altered later). However, I get a "Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted" error when trying to set the permission, what gives? If my program created the file, shouldn't it have permission to set the files permissions?

chances are that the file is created as user nobody, your not nobody ;-),
ergo you can't chmod it ... can't remember the last time I didn't have root
access to configure/fuck (you pick) the server the way I wanted it.

I'm sure someone here knows exactly how to sort this issue without editing the
httpd.conf.

What am I not understanding?

Thanks.

tedd