Re: Regex Help for URL's

On Tue, May 16, 2006 4:22 pm, Jochem Maas wrote:
> personally I would assume anyone who had been programming for 20 yrs
> would have a reasonable understanding of regexps.

Nope.

:-)

I got WAY past 20 year mark before I even began to pretend to
understand the minimal amount of regex I can do now.

Most things complicated enough to need regex are too complicated to do
with regex, if you know what I mean...

There's a very narrow "band" of problems where I'm comfy with regex,
really.

Anything simpler than that is just a substr or explode.

Anything more complicated, and I just don't want to try to maintain
the mess of not-quite-random characters needed to make a so-called
"pattern" and I'll find some other way to break the problem down into
sub-problems.

Those sub-problems might then be amenable to a reasonable regex, of
course, but I'm just not gonna tackle it in one big messy pattern.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm