Re: $ENV['SCRIPT_FILENAME']

Hey guys,
Thanks for replying.

I have figured out what he is trying to do....
basically he wants to know if the script is being
called via the web or via CLI... if called via the web
he wants to display the welcomeScreen() if not he
wants to do other stuff...

Problem is, that ENV thing is wrong so I changed it to
$_SERVER, but it is still looping in that place...

Anyone have an idea of a variable (eg:
$_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] ) that will be set only if
called via the web and ignored if called via cli?

BTW, i tried $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] but not
working :-(

Thanks!
Ryan

--- tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 11:59 AM -0700 5/14/06, Ryan A wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I am going through another persons script (which is
> >not working) and have come accross this:
> >
> >if (isset($ENV['SCRIPT_FILENAME']))
> >{
> >       $CLIENT_PATH=
> dirname($ENV['SCRIPT_FILENAME']);
> >       WelcomeScreen();
> >       TestSetup($TH_HASH);
> >       exit;
> >}
> >
> >I am just starting on CLI stuff but I cant find
> much
> >references to $ENV['SCRIPT_FILENAME'], reading the
> >manual I know there is a $_ENV superglobal but just
> >$ENV?
> >
> >I am pipeing some log data from apache to this
> script
> >but while debuggin I have noticed that i does not
> go
> >further than the above if() statement...
> >
> >and that part IS needed because if accesseed via a
> >POST it should execute that code and show the
> >WelcomeScreen()
> >
> >Even a RTFM with a reference in the manual would be
> >appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Ryan
> >

> Ryan:
>
> Try this to see if SCRIPT_FILENAME exist:
>
> echo("<pre>");
> print_r($_ENV);
> echo("</pre>");
>
> If I remember correctly (maybe not), but not all
> environmental
> variables are always present.
>
> However, SCRIPT_FILENAME should provide you the path
> of the script
> that contains the call. If it's not there, then look
> to see if
> PATH_TRANSLATED is present, because that will
> provide the same result.
>
> hth's
>
> tedd
>
> --

> http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com
> http://earthstones.com

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)
-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=bXVzaWNndTc%3D