Re: touch()ing it....advise needed.

Hey Tedd, John and Ed,

Will look into what you wrote, am testing some stuff
and comparing speeds and performance right now.

Ed, the mod/access is used for other stuff like
"expiring files" so I dont think I will be able to go
with your idea.

I appreciate all your input.Thanks!
-Ryan

--- tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 5:48 AM -0700 5/13/06, Ryan A wrote:
> >Hey,
> >Heres my setup, I have a directory full of files
> and I
> >get a request with an array of filenames
> >For this example:
> >a.txt
> >b.txt
> >c.txt
> >
> >if the above files dont already exist I need to
> create
> >them (I am using touch() instead of fopen())
> >
> >My question is which would you recommend, doing a
> >readdir() and getting all the existing filenames in
> an
> >array then doing a loop to see which exists and
> create
> >the others OR
> >
> >just taking the new filenames, doing a while/for
> loop
> >with a files_exists() on each and then creating the
> >files....
> >
> >I am favouring the second approach as in the first
> >approach there are a lot of files the array could
> be
> >pretty big which would cause other problems, but I
> >would rather be corrected now if my thinking is
> >flawed.
> >
> >Your advise appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Ryan
>
> Ryan:
>
> Try this, it worked for me:
>
> http://www.weberdev.com/get_example-4341.html
>
> Just put the name of the file into the
> $stringSearch.
>
> hth's
>
> tedd
> --

> http://sperling.com

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)
-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=bXVzaWNndTc%3D