Re: LDAP Authentication

Sameer N Ingole wrote:
Thomas Bonham wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to do a ldap authentication page. I can get there username and I don't know how to get the password from ldap. It didn't show up in the the search for the command line. So how do I get the password of the users?
Hope you are doing this using PHP and your LDAP server allows anonymous look-ups if you are trying to look at password field. Try to lookup using same DN on command prompt and see what you get and if you can see the attribute holding password. If you can then Identify the attribute, try accessing it using PHP. Rest is easy.
Sorry for replying my own post.

Was you trying to do a anonymous look-up when you did not see the password?
If you was, then your LDAP configuration may not be permitting anonymous read access to password (whatever attribute holding password). Probably you have to bind to LDAP server as some user who has read permission to password attribute on that DN (or subtree) and then try accessing it using PHP.

--
Sameer N. Ingole
Blog: http://weblogic.noroot.org/