Re: Parsing images

On Thu, May 11, 2006 1:28 am, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Hey all, it is possible to parse capcha's in php? I'm not asking how
> to do it, nor have I any need, it's just something that I was
> discussing with a friend. My stand was that ImageMagik could crack
> them. She says no way. What are your opinions?

My opinion is that I have done it for a really bad CAPTCHA already :-)

So it obviously CAN be done, to some degree of success, depending on
how good your OCR and AI can be tuned to the CAPTCHA.

I doubt that anybody could write any kind of script to grab any random
CAPTCHA implementation and crack it, but if you focus on just one
CAPTCHA, and if you have the time/resources/skills, you can PROBABLY
break it, at least often enough to hammer your way through whatever
it's keeping you out of.

Oh yeah:  I used GD, not ImageMagick:
http://php.net/imagecolorat

HTH