Re: php parsing and db content

Chris wrote:
Schalk wrote:

Greetings All,

I have the following problem. I load certain links and breadcrumbs from the database into a external .php file which I include on various pages within the site. Due to this I have defined a constant '_root' and precede all links with this to ensure that the links will work no matter from where inside the site structure they are called.

My problem is this, when I load these links from the database into the external .php file and the load the page that includes this, the line <?php echo _root ?> is not parsed and shows up in the links, for example:

/our_work/<?php echo _root ?>/our_work/index.php when it should be /site_root/our_work/index.php

How can I ensure that these calls to <?php echo _root ?> are parsed before sent to the browser?

Why do you need to store _root in the data? Wouldn't it be better to take it out and then prefix it before displaying? No complications then.

actually if it's only one variable, this might do it for you:

$content = str_replace('<?php echo _root ?>', _root, $content);

but that's still a bad way to do this.
Chris,

The reason I need root in there is because sometimes it would be something like text > link > link, so in these cases I cannot merely prefix _root.

--
Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling