Re: PHP URL query

On Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:08 PM GMT,
Jason Gerfen <jason.gerfen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

IraqiGeek wrote:

Hi all,

I'm somewhat new to php, though I have played a bit with the
language. I'm currently learning the language, and I'm having a
problem passing variables through "URL query". Here is what I have:

A simple HTML file that contains:
<A HREF="test.php?var=test"> Hi, this is a test! </A>

and a php file that contains:
<?php
echo( "Welcome to our Web site, $var!" );

try
echo "Welcome to our website, $_GET['var']";

Jason, brad, Eric, Dave, and John,

Thank you all for pointing $_GET and register_globals. The tutorial I'm reading is from 2000 and references PHP 4.1.

However, when I click on the link on the HTML file, I dont get the
value of $var passed to the php script. I have also tried passing
multiple variables separated by &, and none of those gets passed to
the php script.

The files are hosted on a local Debian etch server running apache
2.0.54 and php 4.3.10.

Is there something I need to check/change in the config files of
apache or php?

Regards,
IraqiGeek
www.iraqigeek.com

Boat: A hole in the water surrounded by wood into which one pours
money.

Regards,
IraqiGeek
www.iraqigeek.com

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.