Re: tired of referencing static variables/constants with 'self ::'

D. Dante Lorenso wrote:

I mean, I was forced to write 'self ::' like 11 times in that constructor. THAT is annoying.

would it help to consider that the annoyance is a matter of subjection
rather than fact? ;-)

I realize I am probably just venting since it's unlikely I can get anything changed/done on this list. I'm just hoping some internals developer might see my rants and think it might be something which needs to be addressed within the language. I can't be alone in my dislikes, can I?

I'm sure there are other with you POV. I'm even more sure that none of the
php devs consider it something to be addressed. like I said the decision to
do it this way was done on purpose.

the answer to the problem is a good code completion tool :-)

Dante