Re: throttle output streamed from a file?

On Wed, May 10, 2006 12:15 am, D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
> Ok, so, from the looks of it, the server writer seems to block on
> print
> when 2MB have filled the output buffer.  2MB is a good number, so I
> guess I don't need to do anything and everything magically works the
> way
> I would expect.
>
> But ... if I wanted to set the output buffer smaller than 2M, like say
> just 1M or 512K, how would I go about that?  Is there a runtime
> ini_set() value?

You'd have to read the latest php.ini to rule it out, but I don't
think it's an ini_set() value.

You *COULD* sort of hack it with some sleep() calls on the server and
some rule-of-thumb measuring of some real-world clients...

At that point, though, targetting it as "buffer size" is really a
mis-nomer and it's really more of a poor man's "renice"

If any of this is running from CLI, you may want to read "man nice"

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm