Re: Can PHP route Sendmail to a MYSQL DB ?

thanks :)

I'll check it out

On May 8, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Richard Lynch wrote:

On Mon, May 8, 2006 12:45 pm, Graham Anderson wrote:
I need to specific emails to insert directly into a mysql database
The server uses sendmail/php/mysql

Essentially,  all emails sent TO and FROM 'salesrep@xxxxxxxxxxx' are
emailed normally and, then, inserted into the company_email database.
Is there something out there that already does this...like a php
class with some sendmail scripts ?

many thanks as I wanted to see if the wheel had already been invented

I think the examples in "man smrsh" will get you where you want to be.

You basically configure sendmail to re-direct mail to a shell script
-- which can of course be in PHP.

I know for sure you can do this for incoming email, as I managed to
stumble through it.  Once.  (And I do mean stumble.)

I'm guessing that outgoing email can be done the same way, more or less.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm