Re: causing HTTP error status

On Sat, May 6, 2006 5:28 am, Rabin Vincent wrote:
>> I gotta go with Nic on this...
>>
>> Either I'm being really obtuse, or it just plain don't work right.
>>
>> Consider this minimalist example:
>>
>> http://l-i-e.com/404/test.php
>> http://l-i-e.com/404/index.htm
>>
>> The 404 header is being completely ignored, afaict
>>
>> I tried adding "exit;" right after the header, and my browser just
>> goes way long time and then times out.
>>
>> I tried HTTP/1.1 and that made no difference.
>>
>> I'd suggest checking http://bugs.php.net and filing a bug report if
>> it's not a known issue...
>>
>> Unless somebody can point out something wrong in our logic.
>
> The doc paragraph refers to a PHP error handler script. In
> the case of a normal script like your test case:

Yeah, I realized I was thinking inside-out after I slept on it.
mea culpa

Actually, I'm blaming the DaQuil...

It does seem "odd" to me that from within a PHP script you can't just
send the headers you want and whatever consequences that has...

But then I guess we'd have a TON of scripts violating standards about
not sending more data after a 40x code, or worse.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm