Re: set_error_handler() fails

Richard Lynch wrote:
It's possible that you have mistaken whatever set_error_handler
returns for "no previous error handler" for NULL...

Are you using === NULL or is_null() to test?

If not, I suspect it's really returning FALSE or '' and what you think
is an error condition is, in fact, not an error condition at all.

I use === NULL, so it really returns NULL.
My own error handler is never called so this is another indication that it fails. PHP doesn't throw any error or exception. I also searched for an entry in php.ini which might turn own error handlers off but didn't find anything relevant. Maybe someone can reproduce the bug.
This issue is freaking me out.