Re: What means "Fatal error: pcntl_fork(): Error 11"?

Oz wrote:

First I wanted to create a queue for tasks; instead of forking directly only a limited number of processes should be run from the queue, when one finishes another should start. But I decided not to do this, because the queue can easily grow to reach the memory limit.
If the queue of processes can grow to any reasonable memory limit (lets say 100 bytes/entry, 32 Mb memory limit) that means that you've got 320,000 processes to run? If each one takes a minute to run that's 9 months worth of running ... if 1 a second it's almost 4 days... if you launch PROCESS_MAX processes your system will page and you'll be running VERY slowly ...

Perhaps it's time to examine the problem and think about a different solution.