Re: Sanity checker?

It was a long time since I post any question to this list, like back at
php 3x time. Boy, a lot has change now.

So I actually did kick some funny bones, not quite flames yet. And
that's good, I don't really like that.

<Wolf>
We aren't going to take the time
to answer a rhetorical question when you can STFW, RTFM, or RTA.
</Wolf>

Who are "we"? I hope you are not talking about php community in general.
I would be really sad if that's true. Unfortunately, it seems like
that's the trend in this list. I want newbies to succeed, hence my talk
about such tool. O.W. newbies will go to RoR instead.

Anyways,

Have you ever seen things like

for ($i = 0; $i < count($some_array); $i++) {
  //do stuff
}

Do you know how slow it is if $some_array gets big compared to

$array_count = count($some_array);
for ($i = 0; $i < $array_count; $i++) {
  //do stuff
}

Of course you do!
But newbies might not....

I know that sanity can be seen as a superset of the halting problem. But
I don't want that. I want a tool to just do a simple audit to tell you
possible gotchas.

Well, (yes.. reservoir!) this tool may materialized, it may not. We
shall see. But when it does, you might not need it anyway, coz you are
not a newbie, and that you are super smart already.

Thanks