Re: Mail and hotmail

Peter Lauri wrote:
Best group member,

I am sending email to a hotmail thru PHP. When I send it like this it
arrives (in the junk mail, but it arrives):

mail('theaddress@xxxxxxxxxxx', 'A nice subject', 'Some text');

It works well, but I want to change the FROM header so I do this:

mail('theaddress@xxxxxxxxxxx', 'A nice subject', 'Some text', 'From: Peter
Lauri <peter@xxxxxxxx>');

This email does not arrive to the Hotmail inbox.

If I send to a regular email, like Google Email (gmail) or a regular POP3 it
arrives without problems.

Anyone who has experienced this problem with sending emails to Hotmail? And
how do you solve it?

Best regards,
Peter Lauri

 you need to set your mail headers for the mail to be assumed valid, namely:
X-Sender
From
Date
Subject