Re: PHP Upgrade Question

Ok so I can't find apxs on the server at all, even though the 4.3.4phpinfo
claims to have been configured with --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs2-prefork.
I did
some search via google and I reconfigured using --enable-cli and
--disable-cgi
but I still had to use --with-apache2=/usr/sbin/httpd2 because I need to
have
that correct? Since all the builds I done with PHP call on a Apache source
in
some way. It still compiled with it's SAPI choice being cgi then I ran
'make
install-cli' and now when I do a /usr/bin/php -v I get:

PHP 4.4.2 (cli) (built: May  3 2006 18:36:11)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

But when I restart apache I'm still seeing 4.3.4 in the phpinfo()
information.
I've even restarted the server with no luck.

Can someone tell me what I missing? It seems SuSE compiled PHP with the
--disable-session call in the configuration and we need Sessions enable to
support Zencart and phpOpenChat for some clients.

> Another thing to consider is if you built it, you could easily have
> different versions installed on the machine.  Issuing a locate /bin/php
> might prove that or not.

I run Ubuntu Dapper Drake at home (the only place I've dabbled with
compiling php).  To get it to compile I had to install the packages
apache2-mpm-prefork and apache2-prefork-dev to get the system setup
correctly.  By default it had something else which did not give me apxs2.
My apxs2 is in /usr/bin/apxs2.  So maybe if you could figure out how to get
that package "/usr/sbin/apxs2-prefork" on your system that might do it.

I'm really not the one who should be giving any advice on this since I just
kept beating on mine till it worked. ;)  But then again, nobody else is
replying so...