Re: Polymorphism [was] [Fwd: Re: [PHP] Parents constructor]

Not multiple inheritance. Inheritance. Not multiple orgasm. Intercourse.

On 03/05/06, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dave Goodchild wrote:
> That is not polymorphism - that is multiple inheritance. Java can't do

well that clears up my misuse of the terminology!

> that either, and uses a much cleaner method - interfaces. And interfaces
> are supported in php5. So php does allow it. Not polymorphism - multiple

no Interfaces are not a mechanism for mutliple inheritance (in php)
- they don't allow definition of the  of the body of functions on the
signature. not that I want multiple inheritance - I live on the MI is evil
side of town (even when I was calling MI by a different [and incorrect]
name).

> inheritance. Not multiple inheritance - interfaces.

you have fluff on the needle. (record is stuck) ;-)

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci212803,00.html